Tours of Tuscany

Tours of Tuscany
Join this small group tour and immerse yourself in the current of sensation for a week of food, wine and culture in Tuscany.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Profile of Fatima Scialdone

La Settimana Italiana di Brisbane e il suo programma si arricchiscono di un’altra artista proveniente dall’Italia che onorera’ il nostro Paese il prossimo venerdi’ 27 maggio alle ore 18.00. Si tratta della cantante, attrice, splendida artista e interprete, Fatima Scialdone che aprira’ la serata principale della Settimana Italiana, quella dedicata alla moda, al fascino e alla musica, grande anteprima del concerto che si terra’ domenica 31 maggio. L’evento e’ gratuito.

Nel palco del Queen Street Mall di Brisbane ad aprire la Italian Fashion Week ed a lanciarla ci sara’ dunque Fatima Scialdone, che si esibira’ davanti ad una platea importante, costituita dall’Ambasciatore d’Italia in Australia, Gian Ludovico de Martino di Montegiordano, da alti esponenti del panorama istituzionale del Queensland, da illustri ospiti e dai molti ammiratori delle eccellenze del nostro Paese.

Fatima Scialdone, diplomata all’Accademia Nazionale d'Arte Drammatica S. D'Amico di Roma, e’ un’artista di grande livello con grande vocazione internazionale e che ha saputo diffondere fuori dall'Italia, spesso in collaborazione con il Ministero degli Affari Esteri, importanti progetti culturali fra cui "my voice", "Ria Rosa diva eccentrica from Italy"; "la canzone napoletana e i grandi poeti", "cantando l'Italia";"Laura allo specchio"; "le donne di Garibaldi". A Brisbane essa si esibira’ in “Cantando l’Italia”, concerto-spettacolo, in cui interpretera’ le più belle canzoni della musica leggera italiana, iniziando sulle note di “Via con me” di Paolo Conte, proseguendo con“Buonasera Signorina” di Fred Buscaglione e, per finire, con i classici napoletani, lo swing di Carosone e tante altre note arie musicali.

A short byography about Fatima Scialdone

"Well, my real passion, my dream was the theatre. Hence, my first step was to take and pass the entry exam at the Accademia Nazionale d’Arte Drammatica S. D’Amico in Rome. I graduated with an essay on the adaptation and dramatization of some short stories by L. Pirandello, under the literary guidance and the direction of Andrea Camilleri.

Leafing through my CV you will notice that I have concentrated much more on the theatre than on TV or cinema productions. There are many reasons why. My passion for the stage, my student’s career, the fascinating experience of performing live in close contact with an audience… And anyway, in order to do this job well, your approach has to be multi-directional. I have studied the classical and modern ballet, the waltz, the polka, the flamenco. I sing. I sing as a contralto. I can sing blues or folk songs, or switch to pop and an easy listening repertoire. When singing, I am able to use several languages such as Italian, French, English, and German. Besides, since I come from the Naples area, I can sing and play using the dialects spoken in Naples and Sicily. I love music, good music. The music played by big symphony or jazz orchestras, ragtime music, musical comedies, all that great players play… Speaking of which, I play the piano!

I was born in Gaeta, a beautiful peninsula between the Circeo and Naples, near the coast. As a consequence, I love the sea and I like swimming and sailing. But I like mountains too, skiing and horse-riding. I love nature, natural environments, open spaces. I am a committed ecologist and a fierce defender of animal rights. A great man said, ‘the world is not only something that belongs to us, but it is something that we will offer to our children’. Of course this quotation does not have much to do with my autobiography, but I like it.

My hobbies and studies apart, my artistic career started when I was still attending the second year courses at the Accademia. I started with Luca Ronconi as an ‘engaged actress’. Over the last years I have concentrated on writing and historical research. I have produced my own shows, performing them abroad with the aid of the Italian Foreign Office - please click on the SHOWS link. In order to tell you something more specific about my artistic career, I will start from my shows abroad."



Fatima Scialdone


Official Website: www.fatimascialdone.com